GSM-R Engineering Overview (On-Demand)
We also have GSM-R Engineering Overview.
Duration: 22 Hours / Technical Level: Level 3
Course Code: MB2803
This detailed course provides network engineers with an in depth study that covers all principles of GSM-R networks and operation.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
Those in or entering technical roles within the GSM-R industry who require a broad overview of the services, features and technology of GSM-R.
A basic understanding of cellular radio networks and railway signalling, as well as the ability to comprehend technical subjects, would be useful.
Topic Areas Include
GSM-R organizations and standards bodies
GSM-R network architecture
GSM-R radios and fixed terminals
GSM-R radio planning
Location areas and group call areas
Idle and connected modes
Location dependant addressing
Calls to signaller
Railway emergency calls
Enhanced railway emergency calls
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
- Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
- Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
- Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device