2G to 5G Mobile Technologies Masterclass (Rwanda)
08 – 12 May 2023 | KKC Radisson, Kigali, Rwanda
This course aims to provide a technical overview of the main cellular technologies 2G (GSM), 3G (UMTS), 4G (LTE) and 5G in one package. It provides a clear view of the most important aspects of cellular communication technologies and how the principles are applied within the different generations as networks evolve from providing basic GSM services, through to supporting an increasingly complex set of connection requirements and services.
Who Would Benefit
This course is suitable for engineering, technical sales, technical management and other staff who require a general technical overview of mobile technologies but who do not need to invest the time necessary to learn about each technology in depth.
A basic understanding of telecoms principles would be beneficial.
- Defining Telecoms and the Nature of Information
- A Historical Background to the Telephone Network
- Digital Fixed Telecom Networks
- Data Networks
- Principles of Mobile Cellular Networks
- Mobile Networks and Wi-Fi
- 2nd Generation Mobile Networks
- 3rd Generation Mobile Networks
- 4th Generation Mobile Networks
- 5th Generation Mobile Networks – A New Universe for Connectivity
This course appears in the following collections
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device