GSM Air Interface (On-Demand)
We also have GSM Air Interface.
Duration: 22 Hours / Technical Level: Level 3
Course Code: MB50
A technical introduction to the world of GSM. This course describes the services, structure and operation of a GSM mobile network.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
Those new to or entering the GSM industry who require a technical overview of GSM network operation and its associated technologies.
A basic understanding of cellular radio networks and associated technologies, as well as an ability to comprehend technical subjects, is an advantage.
Topic Areas Include
GSM organizations and standards bodies
GSM services and service enablers
GSM EDGE radio access network
Cell coverage and capacity
Core network architecture
GPRS network architecture
Idle mode procedures
Dedicated mode procedures
GSM family evolution
Real-world network configuration
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
- Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
- Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
- Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device