5G Air Interface Overview (On-Demand)
We also have 5G Air Interface Overview.
Duration: 11 Hours / Technical Level: Level 3
Course Code: FG1702
This course is a technical introduction to the 5G New Radio. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, and the principles, design and implementation of the 5G air interface.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile radio communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic Areas Include:
5G introduction, key features and standardisation
Use cases and performance objectives
Non-standalone and standalone deployment options
Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
Principles of radio transmission and reception in 5G
Multiple antennas in 5G
Air interface protocol stack
Architecture of the air interface physical layer
Procedures for data transmission and reception on the 5G air interface
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
- Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
- Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
- Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device