Duration: 22 Hours
/ Technical Level: Level 3
Course Code: FG1715
This 5G Architecture and Protocols on-demand course is a detailed technical description of the core and radio access networks of 5G. It covers the architecture and interfaces used by 5G, the protocols used for signalling and data transport, the provision of services over a 5G network, and the procedures for signalling and system operation.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
The course is intended for engineers and other staff who are involved with the architecture, optimization, management, monitoring or testing of the 5G network.
An engineering background with some knowledge of core and radio access network technologies is assumed. A basic understanding of 5G and experience of LTE networks would be desirable.
Topic Areas Include:
- 5G introduction, use cases and standardisation
- Radio access network architecture and deployment options
- Network architectures for dual connectivity
- Architecture of the 5G core network
- Network Function virtualisation, slicing and orchestration
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- PDU connectivity, Quality of Service and service provision
- Control plane and user plane protocols in the 5G network
- Implementation of network function services using HTTP/2
- Signalling procedures for registration, security and session management
- Network operation in Idle, Inactive and Connected modes
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.