Duration: 11 Hours
/ Technical Level: Level 2
Course Code: FG1713
This 5G Architecture and Protocols Overview on-demand training course is a technical introduction to the 5G network. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, the principles, design and implementation of the core and radio access networks of 5G.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communication networks.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic Areas Include:
- 5G introduction, key features and standardisation
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Radio access network architecture and protocols
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture and protocols
- Network function virtualisation and network slicing
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
- PDU connectivity, Quality of Service and service provision
- Signalling procedures in the 5G network
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.