Business Finance – For Non-Financial Managers
We also have Business Finance – For Non-Financial Managers (On-Demand).
1 Days / 2 Live Online Sessions (0900-1230) / Technical Level: Business & Strategy
Course Code: LB01
All successful employees, managers and leaders who want to maximise their contribution within the business or organisation need a solid grasp of finances. Whether they are talking strategy, budgets, or customer propositions, it is inevitably the finances that drive the decisions and determine how performance is measured.
Being financially literate gives the individual a fundamental business tool, as well as the credibility, to help drive success and to maximise value creation. KPIs can be properly evaluated, major decisions can be grounded in financial reality, and both forecasting and reporting can be used more reliably to help guide efforts and provide the required focus for departments and teams.
A key aspect often overlooked, is that greater confidence in both the financial position, and the control mechanisms that are available to employees and managers, will enhance a leader’s risk-awareness. In turn (depending on a range of other factors), this can be a key enabler for business culture that embraces greater levels of creativity and value creation.
This programme provides a comprehensive foundation in business finance – covering all the major areas needed to be a fully-functioning member of the mid-senior management team. It is ideal for current or aspiring managers, specialists with financial responsibility, or identified talent / graduates. Although financial principles do not change, they can be applied in very specific ways, depending on the industry / organisation. Examples, case studies and exercises are tailored accordingly
Topic Areas Include
The Financial Cycle and Reporting
- Key Accounting Concepts
- The Company Operating (Finance) Cycle
- Three Principal Accounting Documents
KPIs, Ratios and Financial Analysis
- Understanding Finance
- Key Financial Ratios – Categories and Examples
- Equity, Loans, and Gearing / Leverage
- Valuation - Controlling Investment
Financial Control, Budgets and Evaluating Initiatives / Projects
- The Importance of Budgeting and Forecasting
- Budgets – Getting Specific
- Mitigating Bad Budget Culture (Teams Aiming for 100% Budget Spend)
- Understanding Return on Investment (ROI)
- Cumulative Cash Flows
- Calculating ROI and using Net Present Value (NPV)
- Assessing Projects and Using NPV
This course appears in the following collections
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device