FRMCS – Future Railway Mobile Communications System (On-Demand)
We also have FRMCS – Future Railway Mobile Communications System.
Duration: 22 Hours
Course Code: MB2020
GSM-R end of life is anticipated to be around 2030 which only leaves a few years to find a replacement system. The International Union of Railways (UIC) have published a document called FRMCS- Future Railway Mobile Communications System which outlines what will be required of a future system. The document does not describe the replacement technology it is essentially a wish list of what a future technology should be capable of doing. The railway community have detailed the communications requirements of the future railway networks and are looking for telecommunications manufacturers and standards bodies to provide a suitable solution.
This FRMCS (Future Railway Mobile Communications System) on-demand self-paced online training course looks at the documents published by the UIC to gain an understanding of the requirements of a future communications system. One of the challenges faced by the railways is the lack of radio spectrum so the course analyses the current spectrum options. This leads to an overview of how 5G could be a potential candidate for FRMCS.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Topic Areas Include
FRMCS – An Introduction
On-board System Architecture
The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
Mission Critical Push to Talk (MCPTT)
Mission Critical Video (MCVIDEO)
Mission Critical Data (MCDATA)
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
- Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
- Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
- Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device