LTE Air Interface (On-Demand)
We also have LTE Air Interface.
Duration: 32 Hours / Technical Level: Level 3
Course Code: LT3602
A detailed technical description of the air interface for LTE radio access. This includes OFDMA principles, access and non-access stratum protocols, channel structures, connectivity and mobility management procedures along with radio link control functions.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
Engineers involved with equipment design, operation, optimization or monitoring of the LTE radio link.
An engineering background with some knowledge of digital radio systems and general radio principles and techniques is assumed. A basic understanding of LTE and experience of 2G or 3G systems would be beneficial.
Topic Areas Include
LTE system architecture
E-UTRAN architecture and interfaces
OFDMA/SC-FDMA basic principles
OFDMA features and benefits
The Fourier transform
OFDMA/SC-FDMA transmitter and receiver chains
Modulation and coding, MIMO and the Cyclic Prefix
MIMO concepts and implementation
Physical layer structures
Access and non-access stratum protocols
Logical, Transport and Physical channels
RRC, PDCP, MAC and RLC functions
Resource allocation and scheduling strategies
Lower layer procedures
Radio resource management procedures
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
- Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
- Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
- Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device