Maintaining Effective Governance
We also have Maintaining Effective Governance (On-Demand).
Duration 0.5 Days / Technical Level: Business & Strategy
Course Code LB06
The business world is ever-changing, with focus shifting constantly as industries develop and evolve. Increasing requirement for good governance, however, has been a constant focus over a number of decades now. Companies that embrace good governance as part of their core value-system are invariably in a much better position as they scale, or as they expand /evolve their operating footprint to embrace new sectors or geographies.
At its most effective, good governance, is felt throughout the organisation – with shareholders, employees and customers all more likely to engage in a positive and engaging way as the organisation develops. At its worst, bad governance directly contributes to dangerous working conditions or environmental disaster – and very likely, costly lawsuits, and competitive disadvantage.
This short module is designed to complement our other business programmes by exploring key aspects of governance and what it all means for businesses. Comprehensive discussions and examples are used to illustrate the wide and varied topics covered, the critical focus areas within each topic, and how progressive governance can be used to positively impact, not only the business, but wider society.
Topics Covered include:
- Health and Safety
- Data Protection
- Ethical Financial Reporting
- Employment Practices
- Charity / Social Engagement
- Environment and Sustainability
- Aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Consequential Thinking – The Four-Way Test
- Sustainability – Example Approached
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device