Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC)
2 Days / 4 Live Online Sessions (0900-1230)
Course Code: FG2102
This course explains Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) and gives examples of possible MEC use cases. It provides a summary of the technologies used to implement the MEC model, delving into the MEC architecture in depth and discussing MEC's challenges.
Use Cases are discussed, as well as an overview of MEC standardisation, specifically the various APIs that support MEC applications. The last section looks at the development of MEC applications and services, specifically how these can be built using collaborative methods and proof of concept studies.
Topic Areas Include
- Enabling Technologies (Cloud and NFV)
- Enabling Technologies (4G/5G)
- MEC Architecture
- Use Cases
- MEC standards and APIs
- Annex A Detailed Use Case Study
Speaker: John Timms
John Timms is an experienced trainer in IP, VoIP, IPTV, NFV/SDN and IMS/LTE Core. John is also a former Telemanagement Forum Subject Matter Expert and specialist in QoE for VoIP/VoLTE and IP video services.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device