Duration: 11 Hours
/ Technical Level: Level 3
Course Code: FG1703
This 5G Engineering Overview on-demand course is a technical overview of 5G. The course includes the design goals and development schedule for 5G, and the principles and architecture of the 5G air interface, radio access network and core network.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
This course is intended for engineers either new to, or already working in, mobile communications.
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
Topic Areas Include
- 5G introduction and key features
- Standardisation and timelines for 3GPP and the ITU
- Use cases and performance objectives
- Radio spectrum and millimetre wave communications
- Principles of radio transmission and reception in 5G
- Radio access network architecture
- Non standalone and standalone deployment options
- Core network architecture
- Network function virtualisation and network slicing
- Interworking and compatibility between 5G, LTE and Wi-Fi
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.