LTE Billing and Charging (On-Demand)
We also have LTE Billing and Charging.
Duration: 6 Hours
Course Code: LT1316
A technical overview of the billing and charging architecture defined for 4G LTE networks, including a review of LTE bearer, traffic flow and QoS concepts. The course goes on to examine the architecture of the billing system, both online and offline and identifies the key nodes, interfaces and protocols employed to transport billing and charging information. Finally, the interactions with the billing system during basic LTE procedures are outlined.
This self-paced on-demand distance learning course features illustrated course books, videos, tests and full tutor support.
Who would benefit
Engineers, designers, managers and others involved in the development, deployment or operation of LTE billing and charging systems.
Familiarity with the LTE Evolved Packet Core is assumed. Experience of 2G or 3G billing systems would be beneficial.
Topic Areas Include
Review of EPS bearer concepts and LTE QoS models
Packet flows, service data flows and traffic flow aggregates
Deep packet inspection – heuristic algorithms and bearer-aware applications
Outline of policy and charging control
LTE billing and charging concepts
Online and offline charging systems
Charging data capture points (S-GW, PDN-GW)
IMS charging capture points
Charging Data Function (CDF)
Protocols – Diameter, CAP
Interfaces – Gy, Gz, Rf, Ro and others
Charging criteria – time-based, volume-based, application-based
Charging interaction with basic LTE procedures
On-Demand Online Training
Our self-paced on-demand distance learning programmes are accessible on any computer, tablet or smartphone and allow you to study at a time and location that is convenient to you.
Each course includes:
- Illustrated Course Books - featuring leading edge knowledge from subject matter experts.
- Videos - Detailed videos expand the points covered in the course books, discussing topics in greater depth.
- Tutor Support – Dedicated course tutors are available to answer any questions you might have throughout your studies.
- Formative Assessment - Modules include regular quizzes to support learning by testing your knowledge of the subject matter.
- Certification– Successfully complete the end of module tests to earn Digital Badges to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge of the topic.
Also available as a Live Online Training Programme, learn more.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device