3 Days / 5 Live Online Sessions (0900-1230)
/ Technical Level: Level 2
Course Code: TY2020
Live Online: 17-20 July 2023
An essential foundation in the core technologies used in fixed, mobile and IP-based telecoms networks. The fundamentals of networking technologies, such as switching, transmission and signalling and the services that they support are discussed. Next generation networking based on an all-IP environment is also included.
Who would benefit
Those working in or entering the telecommunications industry who need to understand the functions and services provided by modern networks.
Mathematical ability and aptitude for technical subjects, with the intention to progress in a technical role.
Topic Areas Include
- Telecoms evolution
- Network components and services
- The PSTN and ISDN: access and core networks
- Basic analogue and digital information concepts
- Time division multiplexing and switching techniques
- Transmission systems: PDH, SDH, WDM and OTN
- Mobile cellular systems: 2G, 2.5G, 3G, 4G/LTE and 5G
- Packet-switched techniques
- IP, Ethernet, the Internet, ISPs and Internet Services
- Fixed and Mobile Broadband access technologies
- Next Generation fixed and mobile networks
- IP Multimedia Subsystem