Webinar: 5G Spectrum - Challenges and the Solutions (3rd May)
Recorded: 3rd May 2022
This webinar aims to clarify why there is a requirement for more radio spectrum for 5G systems, what bands have been identified, and why, and the challenges and solutions these new bands bring.
Topics covered include:
- The relationship between bandwidth and bit rate
- The relationship between frequency band and coverage
- Bands identified for 5G by regulators
- Impact of radio channel bandwidth on spectrum allocations
- Impact of wavelength upon antenna dimensioning
- Propagation issues associated with Millimetre wave bands (mmWave)
- How higher frequencies facilitate the realisation of massive MIMO
- Impact of mmWave on device power consumption
Karl van Heeswijk
Karl is an experienced training specialist in radio theory, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and mobile systems.